Monday, April 11, 2011

Train to Santa Fe

The #1 daughter family were here last week for a little vacation. I missed some of it because of my trip across the pond but still enjoyed their company for a number of days. On their last day here they wanted to take the train to Santa Fe.

Our last governor, Bill Richardson, had promoted and had built a commuter train line that linked communities south of Albuquerque all the way up to Santa Fe. It has become a popular way for people here to go visit Santa Fe.

Wife and Granddaughter 1.1 waiting for the train to arrive
#1 with 1.2 in the stroller as we wait for the doors to open.
Gotta charge in and get those seats!

We caught a mid-morning train and there weren't too many passengers so it wasn't a problem getting space for all of us.

Grandma de-I with youngest of 5 grandchildren 1.2
He is VERY cute...and I am TOTALLY unprejudiced.

Son-in-law 1A and granddaughter 1.1
Daughter is very proud that under my classification system that no matter how many more grandchildren arrive, her's is still 1.1
CUTE MY FOOT!

So right after you get off the train, there is a very well known New Mexican restaurant. We were quite hungry and #1 wanted her New Mexican food fix. While were eating, I put down my sopapilla (yummy fried dough that you put honey on to offset the heat from the chile). I only looked away for a moment when...

...so called cute 1.2 had grabbed my sopapilla and was scarfing it down!
Most of the time when I go to Santa Fe it is for business. I go at least a couple a times a month as it is only 60 miles from Albuquerque. So I rarely look at it in the eyes of a tourist. So it was kind of nice when we went to the Santa Fe Cathedral and took it in in that light.




No pictures of the trip back because the train was totally packed with commuters and the kids were going nuts. Poor #1 and 1A, they were wiped out by the time we got back.

8 comments:

alexis said...

I do love the SF cathedral! And how neat you took the train, we wanted to try it last time we were in NM but the timing didn't work out. I am really glad to hear the train seems to be working out as well.

as for 1.2 - enjoy your days being the youngest grandchild while they last, mwa hah hah!

terri said...

Second post today where I've seen Cathedral pictures. And after reading "Pillars of the Earth" last year, I want to see more!

BTW, Wife looks way too young to be a grandma.

terri said...

P.S. You DO have the cutest grandkids EVER!

Bernice said...

I enjoyed the pictures of 1.1 and 1.2 I haven't seen their pictures for a year or so.

Agent W said...

Love the pics! 1.1 & 1.2 are darling!! Hope to see more pics soon!

Catherine said...

Cute little grand kids! Great Pix!

Anonymous said...

definitely cute grandkids! I also like to be a tourist every now and then in the city that I work in all the time.

Mike said...

Sounds like a good time, with the exception of the trip back. It's always fun to show people around the city when they come to visit.