Sunday, April 10, 2011

Obituary

It's been a number of days since the passing so I can finally write this ode of praise without breaking down into grief. Our faithful, loyal, dependable, 750 sq foot roll of Kirkland Stretch-tite plastic wrap gave up the ghost after a year and 10 months of service. It was in early June of 2009 that the roll was first opened. After a full life of covering food products, it wrapped it's last package on April 5, 2011.

Its twin (they come in two roll sets) was opened immediately. We really aren't that much into sentiment here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It lived a long life, full of service to others.

WeaselMomma said...

You kill me!

It had a long and very useful life.

I can only hope that the same may be said for me after I am gone.

alexis said...

LOL! That's longer than a lot of children's pets last.

terri said...

And how do you feel about your aluminum foil? The ziploc bags? Tupperware?

Anonymous said...

haha. You should name the new one!

MIke said...

Haha! I remember the birth of your deceased family member. The rite-of-passage "date tattooing" was a proud day for us all. *sniff*