Wednesday, April 12, 2023

NM Ghost Towns - Photography Triads

We are continuing on with the results of the great photographic experiment adventure. 

Seeing the results of the black and white photos from the first day, I was inspired to use our fish eye lens. This is a lens that magnifies and distorts. It is great for panoramas and also for catching detail. I have never been that enamored with it. Wife has loved it and uses it all the time. But there was something about the idea of the additional distortion and greater detail that seemed to me to be ideal for the kinds of experimenting I was doing. 

So I finished up our time at Lake Valley using it. Then we ventured up the road to Hillsboro where I used it exclusively. This post will only include part of the Hillsboro pictures as I want to keep the number of photos limited per post. For most of the images, there are the three versions I was shooting. They were:

  • Black and white at normal exposure
  • Black and white under exposed three stops
  • Color under exposed three stops 

I am very interested in your feed back. So I've numbered them to make it easier to comment. Remember this is just an experiment on my part so whatever you say is good for me to hear. 

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

10

11

12

13

14

15

16

17

18

19

20

21

22

23

24

25

26
 
 

27


28


29


30


31


32



2 comments:

alexis said...

NM is so beautiful!

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

I don't know enough about photography to make detailed comments, but the black and white plus fish eye looks very other worldly to me.