Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Sicily 2021 #23 - The Heavens Open And We Move On

Not a whole lot to report. On Monday, in Cefalú it rained so much that Noah would have been kicking his heels up in glee (I mean he had just poured his life's savings into a freaking Ark. No rain and he looks like the biggest chump on the investment block!). So we just chilled at the apartment. We did go out for one more meal at our favorite restaurant right around the corner from us (more on that when I write up the end of trip analysis). On Sunday when we went it was totally packed. On rainy Monday, there was hardly a soul there. Actually we are pretty beat up from our big days in Palermo. And even our meanderings in Cefalú on Sunday left us tired and sore. So the rest was good.

 

I realize that I haven't told you a whole lot about about our apartment in Cefalú. It was wonderful. The location was sublime in walking distance to everything we needed including the mega supermarket Deco Gourmand (Oh Super U of France you have a contender for my supermarket heart!). And it was large and exceedingly well equipped, so unlike the vast majority of Airbnb & VRBO properties these days. 

 

What it looked like

 
Today we are in transit from Cefalú to Taormina. We have now almost completely circumnavigated the island. We are in a condominium hotel. It is lucky this is the off-season. if not, I think it would be nuts here. We are getting a little tired of eating at restaurants. I love cooking when we travel in Europe because the ingredients are so good. Our travel lifestyle does not always make it easy. But today, I started a pork and sausage stew (I added the sausage because there are no herbs and spices in the condo and I didn't want to buy them. Getting the flavor from the sausage was easier.). I will finish it tomorrow with potatoes, zucchini and mushrooms. 

Not sure what we will be doing tomorrow. The weather is definitely sucky. Everyone local tells us it is not usually this way. Nonetheless, we only have four more days. It has been so good, so freaking good, but I am looking forward to being home...and then starting to plan more travel LOL!

 


3 comments:

Bernice said...

Since you have so much time on your hands, how about some music with the video?

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

That looks like a great apartment!

alexis said...

it was a good home sweet home