Saturday, February 27, 2021

A Big Sigh Of Relief

 

I won the Covid Vaccine lottery yesterday. I got the email that said I could get my shot. But of course in our rather irrational system here in New Mexico, that means you have a chance to get a shot

In our state, things are centralized. You register with the state database. Then you wait for the state to tell you that you (or the demographic your are part of) are eligible for the vaccine. Then you wait for a text/email that tells you you can register to get a shot. I won't get into the dark, arcane rules that allegedly govern who is eligible. 

Once you get the notice that you are now eligible to register, you go back on line. You find there is one day available to you. And if you don't secure an appointment quickly, all the slots might be filled and you are put back into the pool.

Fortunately, Wife insisted that I register for my shot the very moment I got the notification. The only day open for me was the day after I got the notice. I have no idea what happens to people who are totally on top of their texts and emails. 

Be that as it may, I have my first shot and will get the second on March 19. This is a HUGE relief. There are some very significant things going on with the Theodora Project in Ghana that really would benefit by my physical presence. But with all the new variants and increases in cases, I did not feel comfortable going without vaccination. 

Now I can proceed.

2 comments:

alexis said...

hurrah! NM is still miles ahead of NL

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Yay! I have heard that, in spite of the complicated system you encountered, NM is still ahead of most states in the US.