Sunday, May 17, 2020

R&R Report + Other

Can I acknowledge publicly to Wife that I really the hell needed this and am so glad we took the weekend off. And thanks to 2B and #2 for making it happen, working with Wife to find the rental and doing all the driving.

I was bloody exhausted. We were in a lovely house in a lovely setting and had brought all the food and alcohol we needed to just chill. And chill I did, taking two or three naps a day and for the most part doing nothing. The only time I took out my computer was to work on some pictures. I stayed off my phone for texting the whole time with just a couple of cases when things snuck through.

A couple of quick looks at our domicile

We be of the de-I Clan 
Eating and Drinking are important
Our line up for the day and a half
2B after years of saying he didn't like fish suddenly has become a fan of whole fish, FRESH, cooked simply. We have a good resource in Albuquerque at one of our Asian Markets. He went and purchased two big ole Branzino which I cooked on the gas grill.
They were awesome
2B insisted that we get out of the house. He and Wife were up for going to this one lake but it was closed. So we went to another only to find it had been drained for some dam repairs. 
Nonetheless, for a short period of time, I got into photo mode. It made me realize how much I miss the travel that Wife and I do that is photography oriented. 

Study of Dried Up Lake and Environs




Family
Aspiring Mountain Man 2B
Obligatory Picture of taking Picture
Other
I whipped up some Thai Red Curry the other day
The key is to freeze all the roots and tough stalks. Then you grate them. The freezing breaks down the cell structure making it much easier to turn it all into a paste

A couple of weekends ago I broke out the smoker for the first time this year.
As we had the whole #2 clan, I went all in
Chicken, fish, ribs, brisket, pork shoulder, potatoes
Everything turned out great.



2 comments:

alexis said...

I am so glad you guys all got a break! Perhaps this is an idea for how you and mom can travel during crazy lockdown, at least in some small way?

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

It is definitely taking some thinking to figure out how to have a break or a day away when you can't do any of your normal activities.

I'm glad you found something that worked!