Sunday, August 17, 2014

The Unveiling - The Hanging Gardens

In my very first post about the Hanging Gardens project, I titled "Another de-I Wife Construction adventure".  Little did I know!  Our landscape contractor, David, really did good work and at a very fair price but his work style and Wife's clashed and there was lots of drama through out.  But all's well that ends well and the end result has met all our expectations.  If you want to see what things looked like in the beginning, here is a link to that first post.

The Tour du Jardin


Some selected views

The Potting Area

Wife has always wanted some shelter for her potting bench.  Her idea was much simpler but once David and she got going it expanded a lot.  Our workers called it the 'fruit stand' in part because it is right next to the peach tree.

The Happy Gardener Surveying Her Realm

 Glad for workers to be gone and having her space back

The 'Structure'


This was another example of where once David through out an idea we took it to some extremes.  In this case I was the culprit.  When we came back from France, I was smitten by the cloister at Mont Saint Michel (scroll down to interiors).  I showed it to David and over a series of iterations this is what we ended up with.  I like to call it the mini-Parthenon.  Could you see a full sized replica of the Venus de Milo statue in it with Wife's face?????

She wasn't going for it either :(

View from on High


7 comments:

Bernice said...

All I can say is "WOW". Can't wait to see it in person

Tim said...

Holy CRAP!!

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

That is amazing. How about a statue of whatever god is the arch-nemesis of the magical good of travel for the Parthenon? Then you could make offerings and sacrifices before trips.

de-I said...

OMG that's a great idea RMG!

alexis said...

beautiful - so much color

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Wow, that's a great job!! Outstanding.

terri said...

Whoa! It is absolutely stunning! Well, worth the wait, I'm thinking!