Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Up and Down in Tahoe

We've been to the mountains and we've been to the lakes.  On Sunday we went to Squaw Valley Ski Resort where they have a tram taking you up to the 8000 foot+ mark.  There is a full set of facilities there as this is the upper base camp for skiing.  During the summer there are loads of trails for hiking.  Wife and I abandoned the #1s for a bit so we could do some hiking.  They went to lunch.  After we got back we had lunch while they went to the roller skating rink (ice skating rink converted for summer use).  We also perused the little museum dedicated to the 1960 Olympics.

On Monday, 1A had arranged a 2.5 hour kayaking trip for 1.1 and I while Wife and #1 took l.2 to a beach.  The kayaking was great fun.  I've been kayaking four times now and enjoyed each one.  We went a good distance and I was surprised at how well I held up as I don't do much exercise with my arms.  We then had lunch where I got a really good cheeseburger which satisfied a growing burger craving and should hold me in good stead for another 6 months or so.  Finally we went to play miniature golf.  This was a place that was in its 56th year with most of the original obstacles.  It was tough!  The newer courses are much easier.  1A beat out the team of Wife and I by 4 strokes :(

Pictures to come but none of the kayaking as I wasn't going to take my phone in an easy to tip over boat. 


5 comments:

Agent W said...

Sound wonderful!!!

alexis said...

yes, I'm intrigued by the mini golf! I guess it was not for kids before?

The Count said...

Looks like a ton of fun! Thanks for the posts!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Hamburger! It's hamburger season with tailgating and I made them last night. We put guacamole on them. If you haven't tried it, you should!

Good job kayaking. Good fun!

terri said...

I've never tried kayaking, but there are plenty of people who do it on Lake Superior around the Apostle Islands. One of these years, maybe I'll give it a try.