Monday, October 3, 2011

Upscale


I'm giving two talks this week - one in Chicago to an association of trust companies and one in Reno to an association of debt collectors. I like to think that I am providing the bookends to the financial world - gobs of money on one side and dead beats on the other.

The group in Chicago is staying a very, very upscale hotel call the Peninsula. I don't usually - no never - stay in these kinds of places so I thought the room was worth some pictures.

Entering the room there is a hallway

A side hallway leading to closets, a bench, and the bathroom

The Bathroom


Sleeping area

Fruit was hand delivered to my room.
What, you say you don't get fruit delivered to you at the Best Western?
I'll bet Jules delivers fruit to all her guests.

I'm having my talk video taped (look for the viral explosion on You Tube) so the videographer and I were checking out the meeting room. I told him as we were going up these stairs to the room that it felt like 'Gone with the Wind'. I also told him I felt mostly like Jed Campett being in a place like this so now he calls me Jed.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very fancy. I can't wait to see what hotel the debt collector's group puts you up in.

terri said...

I think you are a little more well-traveled and experienced than Jed Clampett. But I like the nickname. Can I call you Jed too?

That really is a gorgeous room!

Anonymous said...

Wow a place that hand delivers fruit to the room!! Yeah I definitely don't do that at my hotel. I DO tell our guests that they have two complimentary bottles of water in their refrigerator. Does that count??

Love the staircase!

Mike said...

Very snazzy! I don't know that I've ever stayed in a hotel room that has a "hallway."