Tuesday, March 22, 2011

If I Ever Go Postal...

...it will be because of incredibly obtuse people I run into when I travel. In general I am amazed at how many people seem completely oblivious of the world around them especially other humans. This really comes to the fore when you fly. It is INCREDIBLE how thoughtless and unaware so many people are.

Look, we all want the plane to leave on time right! So if you are boarding a plane, should you spend minute after minute after minute after minute looking at your luggage and thinking about what you want to put in the overhead holding up every other passenger from getting on board?

And I know that you want that extra leg room, so of course you should take your small bag and put it in the overhead along with your larger bag so others don't have room?

And of course I am sure that you are understand that the backpack on your back is really invisible so that when you swing your body around in the aisle while you're trying to have any idea of where the hell you're going of course your backpack isn't going to whack the person sitting down next to where you're standing.

And then when we're in security, there are the people who evidently in the 12 years since 9/11 have no clue that there rules about what you can bring on and can't.

Thank goodness for noise reducing headphones, classical music, and the status to get on the plane first.

7 comments:

WeaselMomma said...

If you ever lost your cool in any of those situations, my bet would be that you would be hailed as a hero on the 6 o'clock news and not as the nut job who went postal.

alexis said...

amen to all of that!!! But most people travel only very rarely I think, so I guess their only frame of reference is driving around in their car where they are king/queen.

But I am surprised the flight attendants don't enforce some of the overhead luggage rules.

Tim said...

Would you like some cheese with that.... n/m.

terri said...

Not being much of a traveler, I am not very aware of the unwritten (or written) rules of air travel. I am, however, somewhat anal retentive, anxious, and in constant worry of what others think of me. So I'd probably study up before venturing out so I'd be well aware. I do also possess a decent amount of common sense, so I think I'd be good to go in regards to back pack issues and such.

Face it. Too many people are just plain rude.

Anonymous said...

ugh I hate people. That's why I give freebies and go the extra mile for guests staying at my hotel who are actually nice instead of the arrogant people who demand everything.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Good job dealing with all of that. Patience is a virtue as we were reminded today in Pre-Cana. Still, it's not easy.

Agent W said...

I am in total agreement!