Friday, March 4, 2011

Feast!

So what is a "feast" post doing during my supposed low calorie regimen? Well one thing I decided when starting the long-term calorie reducing plan was that I was in this for the long haul and that I wasn't going to beat myself up when occasionally I decided to enjoy myself...just so long as I didn't fall off the wagon.

As it turns out while I was in Chicago this week, there was a special event at one of partner Lakeview Coffee's favorite restaurants, Sapori Trattoria. A winery from Tuscany was bringing in wines and they were doing a special meal with 11 courses matched up with 4 different wines.

We had a very good time and drank way, way, way too much wine. Here is what they served.

Antipasti:
  • Assorted crostini with bruscetta, a chicken and bean, and sweet bread, fennel sausage and gorgonzola cheese
  • Pizza rustica
  • Prosciutto and Gran Padano cheese
Primi:
  • Homemade rigatoni with roasted butternut squash, pumpkin, sage, and pancetta with prosecco butter
  • Handmade fresh ricotta and spinach gnocchi in tri-meat ragu
Secondi:
  • Veal Ossobucco in six hour veal reduction sauce
  • Hicory smoked Wild Boar Ribs
Dessert:
  • Almond Biscotti
  • Saratoga Dark Chocolate
  • Fresh Raspberries
  • Sweet Whipped Cream

PICTURES - Please forgive the quality...the light was very low!


Lakeview Coffee and very Lovely Laura talking to the Wine dude when everyone still quite coherent - not the case in another hour or so. By the way this meal took three hours!

Pizza Rustica

Some of the Crostini - Most of the time we remembered to take pictures only after eating most of it :(

Rigatoni & butternut squash - Magnifico! Sapori does such a good job with pumpkin and squash.

The Gnocchi

The Meats - The Ossobucco was great too.

Dessert

Good thing I went home on Friday and will be out for a long hike on Saturday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love the phrase "prosecco butter."

terri said...

11 courses! Oh my! It sounds amazing.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Such a great meal!! Sooooooo much wine.....

alexis said...

good lord, I don't even know how you fit half that food into your shrunken stomachs

Bernice said...

All I can say is "wow!"

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh that sounds and looks amazing!