Sunday, January 2, 2011

Wi-Fi Happiness

Getting working wireless in my home and home office has been a nightmare. For years we had a router that would not work with my MAC. Then finally we bought a new Cisco router in October and low and behold...it would not work with my MAC...nor could many other people connect to it either. Very, very frustrating.

Mrs. de-I finally got on the phone last week with Cisco and after talking to about three people found someone who suggested that the unit needed a software update. The Cisco person went through Wife's computer and did the update.

Presto, reliable wireless internet. Now I can sit downstairs in my library and watch streaming video of rugby games and read old blog posts.

5 comments:

terri said...

Most of the time I forgot to be grateful for my working wireless... only until it fails and I'm without internet temporarily.

Happy web-surfing!

Mike said...

Woo hoo! That must've been really frustrating before. Glad you're up and running.

alexis said...

Awesome!! Well done - now we can skype while cooking. :)

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Awesome for you!!! I know how frustrating that can be. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Yay for wireless!!! :) :)