Friday, January 14, 2011

Could I Have Screwed Things Up Any More?

Thursday was a scheduling disaster. For the most part, I'm pretty good at keeping my schedule under control. But I don't what happened on Thursday but it just went nuts. Maybe I forgot the alternative month sacrifice of the virgin squirrel to the scheduling god.

It started with an email from the night before confirming an appointment where I was introducing two business owners. Except that I had forgotten to put it in my Outlook and had merrily scheduled three other conflicting meetings. The initiated a flurry of emails to the two begging forgiveness and rescheduling.

Then I noticed that I had scheduled my lunch meeting too close to the client meeting that I shoehorned in because I've been trying to get this client to act for a month. Another flurry of emails (while I'm actually trying to conduct various meetings) to get it a bit earlier.

Then I had this conference call with a Board of Directors that took two weeks to schedule and suddenly they decided that it had to be an hour later. Except that I got time zones mixed up. This caused me to take a dinner meeting where the guy suddenly said he couldn't meet for dinner and move it to an afternoon slot. Whereby I get these angry phone calls from the Board people because I added an hour instead of subtracted an hour.

In the end everything was taken care, but what a cluster (bleep)!

6 comments:

WeaselMomma said...

Ouch that was a rough day. Don't forget the virgin sacrifice next month, but please don't feel the need to step it up by sacrificing a Weasel. Stick to the virgin squirrel.

terri said...

How frustrating. Glad you got it all worked out in the end, but your day must have seemed eternally long!

Mike said...

Wow... I don't know how you keep up with all of that. That's crazy. I'm with you, though; I would be lost without my Outlook calendar reminders.

Agent W said...

You deserve a relaxing weekend after such a stressful day! Enjoy your weekend!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I avoid those issues by only having one meeting/call in the morning and one in the afternoon. :-p

Anonymous said...

That is definitely rough. I hope you had a good beer at the end of the day.