Friday, January 28, 2011

Beating the System

Here in far away Albuquerque we have a chain of fast casual restaurants whose name I will not make public but it is named after an astronomical object. Lots and lots and lots of people here love this place. Personally, I think it is OK, and a bit over priced. I especially dislike the fast casual concept which means that I have to stand in line to order.

But there are a lot of them and they are very popular with the business crowd and I end up having lots and lots of networking meetings there. One of the place's schticks is they cater to free internet crowd, so they have a lot of people who camp out there for hours. As a result of this they mave raised the price of a cup of coffee to almost $3! You can drink all the coffee you want. But My usual pattern is to run in, have my meeting, and be gone usually within an hour to an hour and half. I can do that at Starbucks for half the cost. So I have been on strike against this place.

But today, business friend Lisa showed me how to use the system. Evidently even when you have a mug, you can get a free to go cup. Then you refill your coffee and you can go to your next meeting at yet another of the chain's branches where you can refill again. Sweet. Thanks Lisa!

4 comments:

terri said...

Yeah! Way to work the system!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can see how that little piece of knowledge would make your frequent trips there more bearable.

alexis said...

I am glad you've found a way to make peace with your "anonymous" fast-cas place.

Anonymous said...

woohoo! way to go! I love finding shortcuts that save me money