Saturday, October 23, 2010

Nice End to the Week

Much as I wrote in my last post, taking advantage of the moments seems to be a real opportunity for me. I'm very lucky that those moments are available and that I'm in a frame of mind to recognize them and take advantage of them.

Earlier in the week was very, very busy. On Tuesday I had six meetings starting with breakfast and going through dinner. I was a pretty tired camper. But on Friday, I had to take the old Durango in for transmission work and I was forced to stay at the office in the Tower. So it was a much more relaxing day and productive too.

Since my sister and her husband are coming in for the weekend, I decided to play hooky and run out for a little hike in the afternoon. It's been cloudy and stormy here. It's pretty freakin' neat that I can literally walk out of my door and in 45 minutes hike here.


Then in the evening I was able to catch yet another beautiful New Mexico sunset.

We'll be taking Sis and BroinL around so I should have some different pictures after this weekend.

7 comments:

terri said...

Looks like you got a big reward after a really crazy day. The sunset is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Southwest sunsets & sunrises are the best!

Anonymous said...

Southwest sunsets are the best!

alexis said...

oh oh - is this aunt Judy's first trip out to NM??? How exciting! Can't wait to see the photos :)

Anonymous said...

I love storms! I bet you can see them coming for miles and I bet it is a spectacular view. We had a storm here last night but all I saw were branches on the ground in the morning.

Mike said...

Very awesome pictures.

Samantha said...

Those are useful tips, really informative. Thanks for sharing. Great photography!~