Friday, September 3, 2010

Girl Gone Wild???

One of #3's oldest friends from back in NM who lives in Denver now, decided to make the trip to France for #3's wedding. M arrived a day after us in Paris.

M is married with two young children and this is her first time out of the US. I was all worried because I thought here is poor M all alone in Paris and maybe we should take her under our wing and make sure that she at least sees something while in Paris. Well M had already made plans to go on a bicycle tour and headed out as soon as she got to the hotel in the morning from her overnight flight.

Oddly enough while we were doing our touring we saw the bicycle group below us at the Place de la Concorde. We notice M really enjoying herself with a couple of very nice looking men.

We ran into M when we got back to the hotel in the evening and invited her to dinner. But she said Henri, the tour guide, had insisted that she be his guest at the night time ride. So off she went.

We got up with her the next morning to catch our train into the country. She just gave us a wry smile and told us Paris was a very friendly place.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great story.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

The whore!! Giving U.S. chicks a bad name.

terri said...

Hmmmm..... ;-)

Anonymous said...

Whoa, that's my DIL there, there will no whore comments please. M is a very friendly, capable and faithful spouse who just happens to love making new friends where ever she goes. Mr. Podolny thank you for your updates, I found your blog through A and I admit to being a silent lurker. I have been thrilled to see your reports from Paris. My best to you, your wife and your entire family.

Mike said...

Holy cow. That's a lot of biking and very little sleep. Glad she's enjoying herself, though!

NMichelle said...

LMAO. I know I am going to H-E-double hockey sticks but I still find it funny. There was lots of discussion with husband over how not funny it was for him and amends have been made. I do love your details! Thank you for being co-conspirator and Lakeview: there are plenty U.S. chicks giving us a bad name but happily I am not one of them :) My bike tour leaders actual name was Sadie and she was from Pittsburgh. It was a fantastic day and I enjoyed hanging out with #3's wonderful family and of course the amazing wedding!!!