Tuesday, August 24, 2010

YES! There is a Comb Fairy!


I am constantly, constantly losing combs. The average lifespan of a comb in my pocket is around 45 days. I am totally convinced that there are comb gnomes that are out there pickpocketing my combs and tossing them all over the country.

This morning was windy and I had a couple of important meetings so I was glad that I still had my last comb. So when I went to put my stuff in my pockets, I was outraged to find that the gnomes had struck again. It was early morning and Wife was woken up by my swearing. She calmed me down and told me if there were comb gnomes that meant there had to be the good comb fairy to reward people who want to be good groomers.

Well I haven't seen any evidence of any comb fairies...until today. I got home from my meetings to see this!

THE COMB FAIRY HAD REWARDED ME!

At the rates the gnomes work, that could last me 6 months!

I heard a noise and ran to my deck and just caught the signs of the comb fairy ascending to the heavens.

8 comments:

Mike said...

I have the same problem with pens. Even if they never leave my desk, for some reason, they magically disappear without explanation.

Awesome picture there at the end!

terri said...

I guarantee that you lose them when you sit down and get that gap in your pocket and they fall out without your knowledge.

I think you need a murse.

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking...how do guys keep combs in their pocket? Wouldn't it be uncomfortable when you sit down?

de-I said...

Terri - if Murse means man purse, no way I'm going there. I can't dispense with what little masculinity I have left.

Jules - you use really small combs. Or you enjoy the agony of the teeth digging in.

Anonymous said...

How about a backpack? It seems a little large for just a comb and wallet, but it's definitely masculine

alexis said...

how about leaving one in the car?

Also - massive props to mom. LMAO - comb fairies.

do you think they are mortal enemies? Pitched, massive battles of comb fairies versus gnomes?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Please, please start taking your meds again!!

WeaselMomma said...

I need a toilet paper fairy, because the gremlins are merciless in the bathrooms.