Friday, August 13, 2010

Welcome to The Pathetic Travel Group

Pathetic Travel is the holding company for a group of new travel related businesses that I have formed to serve the needs of certain partners and family members who insist on having me make their travel arrangements then bitch about the arrangements made...in spite of their evidently not having much of a clue as to the realities of travel and the cost to get what one might really want.

Like complaining that they didn't get an exit row when we were lucky just to get a seat on the plane. Or complaining about the long stopover (no plane change though) when in fact their are zero direct, non-stop flights from where we are to where we're going. Or complaining that the rental car road noise was too loud. Or they didn't like the size of the rental car. Or they don't like hotels with air conditioners in the room when even the Holiday Inn Express was $130 a night. Things like that.

So here's the new company.

APATHETIC TRAVEL (Our major subsidiary)

  • Our Motto - "Like we really care?"
  • Our Mission - "To do as little as possible, while collecting as much as possible"
  • Our Vision - "Getting clients to realize that they are lucky just to be getting where they're want to be...Like we really care."
Now if these certain clients of ours want to complain, they run the risk of being referred to our 'problem client' subsidiary

ANTAGONISTIC TRAVEL

  • Our Motto - "Go ahead. Just ask me. I dare you."
  • Our Mission - "To make our clients' realize how lucky they were when we were just apathetic, while collecting as much as possible"
  • Our Vision - "Getting clients to realize that they had it really good at Apathetic Travel and stopping their bitching."
I suspect many of you have been clients of ours for years and never really knew it.

5 comments:

Bernice said...

Sign me up so I can be a frequent flyer with your Group. Your great marketing description won me over.

Mike said...

Jules has planned our entire upcoming honeymoon next month. It's a good thing too, because if she'd left it up to me, I doubt it would be half as awesome as it's going to be. There shall be no complaining from my end.

Anonymous said...

Yikes. I think I'll keep planning my own vacations...

alexis said...

sounds like you swiped this business plan straight off a Dutch company site!

Anonymous said...

I hate it when people complain about stuff like you stated. Even worse, I hate it when people complain to me when they checkout of the hotel but they never made us aware of the problem during their stay. My question: "Did anyone have a chance to come up and look at it for you". The answer: "No, we didn't let anyone know". Me: "Okay. I'm sorry that you were uncomfortable. Thank you for letting me know; I'll be sure to have someone check on it today", which translates into: 'If you didn't tell us about the problem and give us a chance to fix it, I'm not going to give you free stuff that you are obviously looking for'.