Sunday, August 29, 2010

Third Calvary Mount Up - Foward Ho!

After the travel extravaganza last year to New Zealand, this year was supposed to be one of austerity. One small problem, daughter #3 decided to get married this year. And because she lives in Europe, as does her husband to be, they are getting married in France.

#3 assigned me the task of making sure that her sisters made it to the wedding. This involved various negotiations and planning to deal with issues like with kids or without kids. My concept that we go to the wedding and come right back was pretty much trounced by Wife who thinks it’s a crime to travel that far and not stay for a while.So traveling we are once again.

OK the reality is it doesn’t take a whole lot to convince me that we should travel. I love to travel. Even with all the travel I do for work if I have time off, I'll be traveling.
So today we’re on our way to Paris. We’re going from Albuquerque to Washington D.C. then to Paris. There we’re scheduled to meet daughter #1 and son-in-law 1A. We spend a couple of days in Paris We are joined by daughter #2 and son-in-law 2B on Thursday when we take train and car to the middle of nowhere France where the wedding is being held. Multiple days of wedding preparations and festivities ensue with the culminating in the wedding on Saturday.

Then we ship 1 & 1A back to the US, while 2 and 2B come with us for a week in Italy. Then it’s back to Paris for a couple of days and back home.

We're in DC now at the Red Carpet Club. As daughter #1 said, she assumed I was being treated as the plus ultra sin quoi non traveler that I am. So them throwing rose petals and fanning me with plumes of ostrich feathers is just par for the course.

We'll talk to you next from Paris.

7 comments:

alexis said...

it's a hard life, what can I say?

WeaselMomma said...

Have a wonderful time and congratulations to the happy couple.

Anonymous said...

And the trip begins! Best wishes to you all.

Diana said...

Belated Bon Voyage! Have a croissant in Paris for me, will you?

Mike said...

Heh... I wish I could say I was surprised. You folks never stay in one spot for very long. :)

Congratulations to your offspring on the wedding!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Outstanding! Have a great time and give my regards to the family and beautiful bride!

Anonymous said...

ooh a wedding in France! I have family that has lived in France for a few years now and I haven't been over there. Looking forward to your posts on France and the wedding!