Monday, January 18, 2010

The Power of Claw

One of the secrets to good grandfathering is finding games that will keep the fiendishly focused energy unlimited grandchildren occupied for moments on end while simultaneously conserving as much of your own energy as possible. The ideal game is one that allows you to play while staying seated in one place.

Haunted tree is good one where the kids go into the enchanted forest and then are caught by the tree (they always make sure they get themselves caught) and then have to do all sorts of things (like get icky wine from their mother who told them not to go into the enchanted forest) to bribe the tree.

But best all time game ever which started with my kids and now is transferred on to the grandkids is Claw. Claw is a sentient five legged creature made from one's hand. Kids will play with Claw (their own Claw...each kid gets a Claw with its own name) forever with out your ever having to move from your seat - sweet. Even C at 11 isn't too old to want to play Claw. And J and A - well a good part of playing with Claw is getting tickled and they could that for hours too.

9 comments:

stef said...

I love claw! I think mine was jump? Or scratch? i can't remember. Wonder if Miss D will be getting her own tomorrow...

Unknown said...

Sounds like Claw is the winning game! Glad you had fun!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Games where you don't have to move....very nice. Or as my security word indicates: "amazinge"

de-I said...

Miss D can count on it :)

alexis said...

I loved Claw! I am thrilled it gets use with a new generation.

terri said...

We adults are such lazy people! LOL. A game where I don't have to move sounds very appealing.

WeaselMomma said...

That is the best secret to playing with little ones. We played a similar game called "Mr. Spider" and the little Weasels would pretend to cook and then feed the spider friend fried worms and such.

Anonymous said...

haha I'll remember that

Mike said...

I'm taking notes here. I'll reference them later when we have children of our own. Claw sounds like an ideal game.