Monday, October 26, 2009

A Wonderful Realization

New Zealand was a fabulous place. So much beauty.

We're back home now and into our day-to-day life. Always tough to get back to real life when you've had a great vacation right?

But as I have been going around town here in Albuquerque, New Mexico, I've looked at our mountains, our vistas, our beautiful clear blue skies, our fantastic weather. And I've looked at the beautiful house we created for ourselves. And I came to this realization. Yes there are beautiful, beautiful places out there like New Zealand. And yes there are lots of lovely, wonderful houses with views and everything out there.

But every day I actually live in one of those beautiful places and get to live out my daily life in it. I live in one of those beautiful houses with vistas and views and everything.

How cool is that?

How wonderfully fortunate am I?

And I feel very grateful indeed.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is great. It's equally cool that you decided, long ago, that New Mexico was the place you wanted to live and then you made that happen.

stef said...

And i am fortunate that i get to visit!

Bernice said...

I think the key is opening our eyes to the beauty that is around us where ever we are. I would agree New Mexico is beautiful.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

No matter how nice and warm my vacation destination is, I'm always excited to get home. I love my home too!!

WeaselMomma said...

That sounds wonderful. The pics you have posted on you view has always taken my breath away.

terri said...

Sounds like life is good! Welcome back.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps I will need to go to New Mexico sometime. Sounds too good to not see it!

Unknown said...

It was so wonderful to read your blogs as you shared your experiences during your trip to New Zealand! Even though the weather was not the best, your posts and pictures showed how beautiful it is there !! Every place has its own beauty....and I, too, am very fortunated to enjoy the beauty of New Mexico!

Mike said...

I've seen your pictures, and I agree. NM is beautiful. Jules and I might have to head out west again and see it one of these days.