Sunday, July 5, 2020

Thirteen Years And Counting

It started because we are thinking of having some images painted on the walls of our backyard. So the task was to go look through past blog posts for various images from our travels that might be candidates. Somehow this has morphed into my beginning to go through the entire work of my blog posts.

According to Blogger, I am at 2051 posts and climbing. So far over the first week, I have gotten through 2007 and 2008.  This covers our first significant international trip to a locale different from the comfortable France zone - our Danube trip to Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia and Austria - the kidney donation saga, the crash and bad times of 2008 and start of the building of the Tower.

I am struck by a couple of things. Gad I cooked an incredible amount and variety of food back then. And my business travel life was even crazier than I remember it.

3 comments:

alexis said...

how fun to be reflecting! I daren't start looking back at the blog posts - I already navel gaze far too much.

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

It's easy for me to think my life now is how it always has been. You're right that blogs and photos can help us notice those changes.

Unlike Alexis, I think I navel-gaze precisely the right amount. :)

Tee said...

You DID cook a lot back in the day. I enjoyed those posts and your passion for cooking. Actually, I envied your talents!