Sunday, June 14, 2020

My Transitioned Life - Another COVID-19 Casualty

Despite the fact that things have opened up a bit here in Albuquerque, no one in my circle of business contacts seems particularly in any hurry to actually meet. And with the states around us having opened up faster and now seeing fast rises in cases, the overall feeling is not positive.

But mostly for me, I have been down because I am realizing that travel just isn't going to happen again anytime soon. There are countries that have opened up. But Wife's passport is lost. We think it is in the Ghanaian Embassy in Washington, D.C. Has been since the closures started in March. We haven't been able to reach anyone and get any kind of confirmation.

The combination of no getting out for business and no travel for either business or pleasure has taken away the primary focus of my post-fulltime work life. So I have thrown myself into work projects like JumpStart and Theodora with a result that I'm pretty much working fulltime again.

I know it was my choice to do those projects so please don't lecture me about that. Both are things that are doing a lot of good. But if I was traveling, I would be balancing them even if I was doing the work.

2 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

It's great that you have them and you are making amazing progress. But it seems completely understandable that you are sad that you can't travel or see people like you used to. That was a big part of your life. I think of it as mourning the life you expected to have in 2020 and it sucks.

alexis said...

awww that makes me sad to hear!!! I know we have all been holding out that travel in a real way will open up again and I think some half-measures will start again sooner than you think. But RM's words are much wiser and I think they apply to us all.