Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Preparing For Ghana 5

I will be leaving Thursday bright and early for my fifth trip to Ghana. It is not quite exactly one year from the date of my first, mildly terrifying trip. It is really a bit difficult to grasp how much has happened in just a year.

I arrived in Ghana that first trip not knowing anyone, with no meetings scheduled and a vague idea of a concept for aiding job development. Now twelve months later, we have a rather groundbreaking project to assist women out of sex trade. We have already had success with the concept with at least one individual. We have our own not-for-profit entity. We have successfully raised money. I am going back focused on putting in place the requirements to actually start the program. And oddly enough, despite it not being a focal point, the original concept I had is gaining traction too!

It will be a very busy trip but it will be very productive as well. AND we will be one step closer to getting the rest of the women in our Theodora pilot group into the program.

6 comments:

Agent W said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Agent W said...

What great progress you have made in 12 months in Ghana!!
Wishing you much success on your upcoming trip!!

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

That's an awful lot completed in one year, given that you are "retired." Have a great trip.

de-I said...

Yes, if one holds on to the outmoded term of 'retired' it is a lot. If one embraces the concept of 'transitioned' then it is just what is providing joy and contentment in a world where I do things because I want to, not because I have to.

Bernice said...

Thanks for sharing the steps along the way. Congratulations on what has been accomplished so far.

alexis said...

looks like you're making progress!