Thursday, November 7, 2019

Heading Back - Ghana Part Four

I have to pinch myself. Really. Has it only been nine months since I took that first rather terrifying voyage to Accra, Ghana?

I am heading out again tomorrow for my fourth trip of the year. In just nine months, I've gone from not having a clue as to what I might find, to focused action to accomplish well-defined goals. This trip I need to complete what is necessary for our fund-raising video. We need to complete our community assessment required for our Rotary Global Grant request. I need to reconnect with the club President who is supposed to be our local partner. I have paid projects for three of the Theodora women that need to be moved forward. I have four proof-of-concept clients for the JOBS program that all have action items to be worked on. And I want to find an apartment to rent because I think I can get a full-time place and furnish it for no more and maybe a bit less than what I've paid this year for hotels and Airbnb.

All in all, it should be a very busy trip. Really, all this in just nine months?

5 comments:

alexis said...

sounds like a promising start!

Agent W said...

Amazing progress from Ghana Part one to the beginning of Part four!
Safe travels!

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Will we be able to see the video when it's done?

de-I said...

RMG - Yes

Bernice said...

It is amazing that the skills you have developed in your life up to now, are transferable to the next chapter.