Sunday, January 26, 2014

Batching It

I took Wife to the airport this morning where she caught a flight to Washington DC to spend time helping daughter #2 and family with the new arrival.  This is all part of Wife's reason for being.  Not being with one of her daughters after they have given birth would be unthinkable.

So I'm on my own for the week.  I travel so much you'd think it wouldn't be a big deal but it's much different being the one who travels than the one who is home.  One would think that I'd get together with friends, go out and have a drink, etc. but that's not what happens.  I tend to go into full hermit mode and just do a lot of work.


2 comments:

alexis said...

I dislike being separated from my family right now, regardless whether I am at home or they are. I think it's just that phase in my life. I understand from parents of older children you come to treasure those moments but I can't see it right now.

Bernice said...

That means when she returns you will be all caught up with work and can spend lots of time with wife, right?