Friday, November 8, 2013

Temporary Replacements

As long-time readers know, our children and their children are all over the globe (in fact at the moment they are equally spaced 8 hours apart time zone wise...the sun never sets on the de-I family.  This of course means we are in a state of grandchild deprivation.  So you learn to grab whatever grandkid type moments you can. 

I was in Chicago with LCJ for my periodic business trip.  Joe and wife LL had their first just 8 months ago.  This was my second time visiting them since then.  Of course their little one, M, would hardly remember me.  At 8 months she was more than just a little suspicious of who this new dude in the house was. 


But a with the applications of smiles and getting on the floor playing with her, I was part of the team by the time I left. 

Unfortunately by the time I get back to Chicago this winter, it will be introduction all over again.

4 comments:

alexis said...

she is a cutey! They're so easy to take out to eat at that age.

Bernice said...

I agree. It is hard not to have the grandchildren around.

terri said...

She's SUCH a cute baby. And having read about your skills in the grandparenting department many times, I'm sure she'll totally love getting to know you again soon.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

She does have her dad's memory!