Thursday, October 3, 2013

de-I Sandia Outfitters Expansion

Nothing exudes the essence of American business more than expansion...growth...Manifest Destiny...conquering the frontier...how much more American can one get.  The myth of the intrepid entrepreneur who builds his fortune out of nothing...rags to riches.

Who would have thought those short years ago when de-I Sandia Outfitters (You have nothing to lose but yourself...to a bear...a cliff...a cougar) would have found such an untapped market of disgruntled spouses, significant others, unhappy business partners, and the just plain totally naive who would pay good money to send others and themselves on a real outdoor adventure where the person being sent had a real chance of not returning?  An yet we thrive though there are those occasional issues with folks like the local police, FBI, and the like.  But heck every business has risk factors and you just have to manage them.  (I do wonder on just how many identity changes and plastic surgeries one can really handle though).

Anyway, we were sitting down recently going through the pockets of a recent client when we said, "I bet there is a market for this kind of stuff outside of New Mexico!"  So it came that I did an exploratory hiking trip to Colorado.  A very nice attorney that I had made the acquaintance of in Denver in the course of business found out that I liked to hike and offered to show me some local trails.  So a week ago, I arranged a business trip so I drove up and could see if there was opportunities for Sandia Outfitters.

Here we are at the trail head just west of Denver


Very nicely laid out signs for the trails
Not a bad thing if you want to build a sense of false security in clients


My attorney friend benefactor.
As she is involved with the law, I thought it best not to tell her about my 'side business'


The trails where extremely well manicured



I have to admit that I really enjoyed this hike.
Very different scenery


A selection of scenic shots
We were very lucky to get our hike in just before a bunch of rain hit.
It literally started to rain just as we got in the car to drive back.







Good brochure material

3 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Looks beautiful!

JRR said...

.... a BUNCH of rain..?

Bernice said...

Wow. I am jealous. Glad you can expand your business (hiking that is).