Saturday, September 14, 2013

I Think I Got A Bad Reference From MUPGT

A couple of days ago I made some sarcastic remarks on our local news coverage of a rare event - steady, daylong rain.  Subsequent to that the rains have kept coming.  Now we really are having flooding.  In some places in the state they've gotten 50-60% of their annual average rainfall in just three days.  The Rio Grande river that just a week ago was at a historic low point will reach 8 feet above normal today which is the height of our lowest levees.

I'm thinking there's some demi-god out there for the news industry that saw my blog post and did a little reference check with other deities and found some pretty bad reviews posted by the Magical Unicorn Pony God of Travel. 

In the meantime, according to the news in spite of the epic rainfall we're still in drought.

3 comments:

alexis said...

oh dear! Please please be done raining by the time we get there?

terri said...

I suppose it was too much rain in too short of a time span to cure the drought.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Too much of a good thing. We had finally got some rain, unfortunately it was on Bears game day.