Monday, March 4, 2013

Soufflés

Hard to believe that I can be writing yet again about food. 

A couple of weeks ago we were had a planning session with Doctor Debbie and Cabinet Lady for another of our party extravaganzas.  As they are raising chickens and have eggs galore.  I suggested we go to their place and I would whip up some soufflés.  There are those that think that making soufflés is very difficult but if you have ever made anything using whipped egg whites it really isn't all that hard.  Actually Wife tells me that I make this statement from the position of great expertise and I understate the difficulty.

Any way a soufflé is basically egg whites whipped into the stiff peak stage into which you fold a flavor base that is a cream sauce plus what ever flavor.  You put it into a pan in the oven and as it cooks it rises to an airy fluffy consistency.

Dr. Deb took this picture of our cheese soufflé,





I also made individual chocolate soufflés for dessert :)  



4 comments:

Agent W said...

Looks perfect and yummy!!

alexis said...

is it filling though with all that air?

de-I said...

Actually surprisingly so Alexis. I think it is because it is quite rich with the eggs and the cheese

terri said...

Chocolate soufflés? Yum!