Wednesday, March 27, 2013

I'm Still Alive

I know I haven't posted recently.  I have been busy as all get out.  Mostly it relates to work.  Now that the saga of my Dad's passing has finally played out, I realized what a hit my business took over that year.  So I have been back to working big hours to get my business development engine back to where it was.  Happily I'm seeing the results and I think before too long I will be back to the type of maintenance mode that I was in before this all started.

Also with his passing, Wife and I have been doing serious, serious taking stock of where we are, what we want, and the importance of doing so sooner rather than later.  Fortunately I know the retirement industry really well and have been able to get some very strong advisers to assist us.  They have challenged a lot and made us dig deep into what will really make us feel satisfied and content in the long run.  I'm feeling very good that we have a pathway that will allow us to test the things we think we want and find those that actually are best for us.

I've been doing a different type of traveling going to Phoenix and Denver where a business I'm involved with is expanding.  I'm in Denver as I write this.  I'm flying home tomorrow afternoon.  Wife is picking me up at the Albuquerque Airport and we're driving to California where we've rented a house in the Central Coast vineyards.  Daughter #1 and family are joining us there.  I even remembered to bring my cord so I can get pictures uploaded!

I also have another mega-party with Cabinet Lady, Doctor Debbie, and Wife scheduled after we get back with more cooking craziness than you can imagine.

Will try to get back on the frequency posting wagon.

3 comments:

terri said...

1140Being so involved with an aging parent certainly makes you think about how you want things to play out when your time comes. I hope to follow your lead and get things taken care of before we're beyond making such decisions and leaving the kids to try to manage it all.

I'm glad to hear you've got some vacation time in your near future. Sounds like you deserve one!

Agent W said...

Enjoy your time in CA! Safe travels!

Bernice said...

We are having those same thought about what we want to do and what plans we should make now.