Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Blah

Things seem to be heading toward an end game with my Dad.  I say seem because in spite of an expressed desire to die, he does want to let go.  I've really thought about this.  Talked with those who've lost love ones.  And I'm pretty sure that he still has attachments to things/obligations/perceived obligations that are keeping him from letting go.

And there are caregiver issues that are hard to deal with from so far away.  And I'm the only one who can really deal with these so I'll be going back to CT on Thursday hoping to get some things settled but not overly optimistic that I will.

So I'm kind of blah which is not helping my work performance or my energy for exercising which I really need to do.  Nor inspiring my in the way of writing blog posts.


8 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

That sounds really difficult. We're thinking of you.

alexis said...

it's okay to be blah!!!! Embrace the blah.

We are all thinking of you. I am proud you are my father. I know Grandpa is proud to have you as a son.

Bernice said...

Hope your visit goes well and you resolve the caregiver issue.

Agent W and the Derf said...

We will be thinking of you.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Ugh....wish I could say something that might help. Hope things get better for you soon.

Pulisha said...

Love you, Daddy.

terri said...

It's understandable that you'd be overwhelmed with the blahs considering the way things are going with your dad. I'm sorry.

Jules said...

Definitely difficult times, my thoughts are with you. That has to be one of the hardest things to do.