Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Slivovitz


Who would believe that my credibility would be doubted...and doubted twice in three days! Shocking. And yet that is exactly what took place. On Saturday at the 'bird catching' dinner, I mentioned to Dr. Deb about Slivovitz, plum brandy from the Balkans. I was dissed. Dismissed as 'just making that up'.

Not two days later, I'm in LA with partner Frank. I make the same comment and get the same answer. Outrageous!

So I make Frank take me to BevMo ( a really cool liquor chain that I wish had an outpost in Albuquerque) where I proceed to find not just one variety but THREE examples of the Balkans finest.

Slivovitz has traditionally not been high end stuff but we found this 10 year old version from Bosnia Herzegovina.


All this doubting of my credibility is driving me to drink.

5 comments:

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Ha! Face! Good for you. Doubting ESDNM....who would do that??

alexis said...

when did you first drink this, when you did your Eastern European tour?

Anonymous said...

Drink one for me!

terri said...

Hey! You gonna share that with the rest of us? Oh wait... I don't drink brandy. Never mind.

Mike said...

I don't think I've ever tried brandy. I say "think" because there have been nights where I have just drank whatever was handed to me - and paid for it later.