Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Why?

Why do all liquor stores give you these incredibly thin bags.

I don't know of any other retailer that has paper bags as thin. I've bought booze all over the country and it's the same thing. Put the freakin' heavy ass bottles (preferably three of them with the flimsiest of cardboard between them) in this micro thin paper bag that you have totally have to carry with extreme care and then have no idea of how you're going to put it in the car without everything rolling all over the place.

You go to the grocery and they're double bagging your bunch of parsley and bag of potato chips. You go to the department store and they give you the big ass paper bag for your gloves.
What's with the liquor industry?

(FYI - I have noticed this phenomena all over the country)

7 comments:

terri said...

Hmmm... maybe you just need to come to MN. I was at the liquor store on Monday and my purchases were packed in an industrial strength paper bag.

I highly recommend Gator Liquors for their quality packaging! :-)

Anonymous said...

I have my own 'green bags'. They were favors from my friend's wedding last year, and I use the hell out of that thing. I can fit 5 bags worth of stuff in there and it's sturdy and prevents 5 more plastic bags from being used. Love em.

Anonymous said...

I appreciate how many data points (= bottled of alcohol purchased) you took before publishing your results.

WeaselMomma said...

I think you could start a movement and a million dollar dollar company.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Buy liquor.
Package liquor in cheap bag.
Leave store.
Bag breaks.
Rinse and repeat.

Pulisha said...

Ha ha, RM, so true! It was a very thorough study!

Mike said...

I've always wondered that too. Wine bottles are almost made out of tissue paper. Pretty dumb.