Rocks!
As in there are going to be a lot of pictures of rocks...It's ruins I mean
BUT FIRST
Let's Document the Ordeal
Wife, she looks so happy, so looking forward to our day. And truly through the time at Sapadere Canyon, it was great
And we arrive here around 10:30-11:00
"Hmmmm. No one else here. I wonder why?"
Entrance...fairly benign
Wife notices a sign...but it's only in Turkish. We now think it says...
"Not Too Late To Turn Back!"
And then we encounter...
And these were the better repaired ones. Take these and multiply it by 30 and you know the number of uneven, rock stairs we went up and down in the blazing summer sun!
But Wife?
"I am Wife. I am Tough. We will do this!
Study of Rocks...In Ruins Form
Wait! We can escape through the West Gate!
Nope. Locked
More Rocks
Not Rocks
Mosaics
Strange Looking Guy approaches and says "You like Syedra?"
Turns out he is the head archeologist and opens a room not available to the public yet
Syedra was a major processor of Olive Oil back in the day
The city's giant cisterns for capturing the water it needed




























No comments:
Post a Comment