Saturday, October 7, 2023

Wine Tsunami

 With the decision to stay where we are, I had a rather horrible realization a number of months ago. My wine inventory had dropped to distress levels! 😵‍💫 (Of course, everything is relative. My 'distress level' is very likely most people's over inventoried level!) I had been consciously working my inventory down over a couple of year period on the idea that we'd be moving out of country. But with that off the table, I realized I could go back to my rather expansive wine purchasing addiction levels. So that's what I did.

I started acting on the various wine offers that fit my profiles as good deals. As a reminder, I buy virtually all my wine from two online retailers who send tens of offers to me daily. I have very specific types of wines I like. When I see an offer that meets my criteria, and I have space to put it, I buy. 

However, the location I buy from most, doesn't like to ship the wine if it is too hot. So they will hold on to it unless you are willing to pay for faster shipping or take the risk of the wine getting damaged by heat. I opted to wait. Except I started to forget how much I ordered. When I made another purchase a couple of weeks ago it came back to my consciousness. It was cool enough now so I authorized the wine to be shipped. 

Thus last week three cases of wine, 36 bottles, showed up. Good thing I didn't keep buying, I only have room now for another case. I bought some very interesting wines. They need to rest about a week after shipping so this weekend I can start sampling them.

3 comments:

alexis said...

even more case for the family reunion next year.

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Does your family need to stage an intervention? Unfortunately for you, that would probably mean they'd come and drink all your wine.

de-I said...

RMG - that wouldn't be an intervention. That would be enabling because I would just have the justification to buy yet MORE wine!