Friday, August 25, 2023

A Caged Tiger

 That's what it feels like.

No travel. No travel planning. Just staying home. Waiting. Waiting for my new passport. I have requested expedited service. That is 7 to 9 weeks thanks to a State Department gutted by the prior administration, the effects of the pandemic shutdowns, and poor management to begin with. 

I haven't had such a long period without any travel since 2020. Oh. I guess that is only three years ago. It seems a lot longer. 

I may have to plan a trip to somewhere here in the US just to keep from going crazy!

3 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Yikes, that is a long time! Perhaps you can use this vast stretch of time to take up a new hobby, like learning to whittle, or to speak Klingon?

alexis said...

hahah, first world problems

Dad said...

I know Alexis. I went to a shelter for illegal refugees to tell them my story and get sympathy. They weren't buying it.