Friday, March 24, 2023

Sharp

 After the debacle of the pork loin de-boning, I was determined to get my knives professionally sharpened. A bit of online research found a local place. It had great reviews over a number of years. They all commented on the rapid service, quality of work, and reasonable price. This had to be too good to be to true. But, the knives needed sharpening and this was the option available. 

On Wednesday morning I dropped six of my knives off. Two were ones I used all the time. The other four were ones I hadn't used for years, they were so dull. Exactly as the reviews said by the end of the day I got a call letting me know they were ready. I picked them up Thursday morning. The price was incredibly low. They were given back to me so nicely packaged. 

Today, I took out a legacy knife from my father, a nice big blade that had become useless due to the lack of edge. With joy, I sliced onions, carrots, and cabbage for a dinner dish. Each thin slice after the next, almost effortless. 

Reward.

2 comments:

alexis said...

getting your knives professionally sharpened is absolutely a wonderful luxury

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

I am so impressed! I think when I had my knives sharpenef, it took a week.