Thursday, December 9, 2021

I Am Warming Up To It

 What am I warming up to? Well my self-warming mug. Ha, Ha...Did you really think de-I could resist a pun like that?

You will recall I posted a picture of the box when I reported on my birthday. I unpacked it and was filled with a bit of trepidation. My concerns were:

  1. Would the size aid me when I wanted coffee upstairs while I'm working?
  2. Would the metallic cup affect the taste of things?

I am happy to report that I have found keeping my coffee warm throughout a meal like breakfast is pretty wonderful. And that I have not experienced any metallic tastes. It is also good for bringing tea up in the afternoon to the office. So all in all a pleasant addition.

Our Self-Warming Coffee Cup Waiting for Action


 But before we leave the subject of the self-warming cup, we need to address the app the controls the device. What you say, why an app for something as simple as coffee cup. Well you have to understand that there are a host of variables that you need to control to make this relatively simple device function. 

First, you have to control the color of the LED display that shows if it is charged or charging.  Whew, glad I've got that. Wouldn't want to be stuck with an indicator light whose color didn't match what I was wearing that day.

Second, the app allows you to set the temperature you want maintained. That's pretty important. Don't want our coffee too hot or cool. 

And then there is...wait...Oh...there isn't anything else. I just put another freaking app on my phone so I can change the temperature (within 15 degrees) and change the light color. THANK YOU APP DESIGNERS. I LOVE YOU.

3 comments:

alexis said...

my goodness. words fail such an amazing addition to your life.

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Argh, that would infuriate me. I do not want to allocate the very limited storage space on my phone to an app that could be replaced with a single button on a device. Of course, my tech-y brother would tell me to buy a better phone...

Bernice said...

It is a lovely piece of art to decorate your office. I love the modern look: sleek lines, reflection of light.