- Canapes of herbed goat cheese, prosciutto or ham
- Salad of corn w/green & red bell peppers dressed w/fresh oregano & Meyer lemon juice
- Pickled hot/sweet peppers
- 18 hour bread (thanks Motherrocker)
- Lady D's cream of asparagus soup
- Halibut marinated in olive oil and sage - pan roasted with pancetta fish sauce
- Potatoes with herbs (another Lady D recipe)
- Rhubarb, raspberry and orange granita
- 2003 white Chateauneuf de Pape
- 2005 Lange Oregeon Pinot Gris
- 1999 Coppala Russo (a blend of Cab, Syrah, Pinot Noir)
- 1998 Guigal Chateauneuf de Pape
The corn salad was based on corn we froze over the summer and herbs from Mrs. de-I's garden
The bread was phenomenal - the entire loaf was just about consumed
The soup came out as good as we had at Lady D's and was even better the next day as a cold soup.
My sauce was my major creative endeavor. Sauteed panecetta with olive oil. Added flour and made a brown roux. Added onions, carrots and celery. Cooked adding water occasionally until vegs were soft. Added fish bodies, clams and shrimp and just enough water to not quite cover. Cooked 20 minutes and strained. Finished the sauce by deglazing fish pan with sherry and the sauce, and a bit of beef stock base. Butter off the heat to bind.
Cheese - B loves stinky cheese and I obliged by finding a really ripe French Muenster.
Dessert - The granita was explosive in flavor and coolness; the perfect end to a big meal
Wines - Both reds were kick butt and I'm afraid we drank just about all of the wine.